Politics

BREAKING: Kuwait approves 1,763 out of 8,300 visa applications on day one

Highlighting the anticipation surrounding the Ministry of Interior’s reopening of visit visas, which had been suspended since June 2022, residency departments across the six governorates experienced a significant influx of applicants on the first day on Wednesday. This occurred despite the prior booking of appointments for submitting applications through the “Meta” platform, underscoring the eager response and long-awaited opportunity among applicants.

The information from the Ministry’s Residency Affairs Sector revealed that the number of applications submitted on Wednesday in the six departments exceeded 8,300, of which 1,763 were accepted and their owners were granted the required visas. However, requests to complete incomplete applications and others were rejected.

PAY ATTENTION:  Tinubu Isn’t My President - Aisha Yesufu

The reports said that the criteria for family and business visits no longer impose a specific age limit on visitors, a departure from previous protocols which had set 70 years as the maximum age threshold.

PAY ATTENTION:  BREAKING NEWS: FG Warns Petrol Stations Against Pump Adjustments, Says Operators Risk License Revocation

Reports said that family and business visits are limited to one month and are non-renewable. Should the visitor exceed this duration, both the visitor and their sponsor will face a “security restriction.” Furthermore, sponsors holding a residence permit under Article 24 (“the sponsor himself”) are prohibited from hosting individuals with a family visit visa, as they lack a salary certificate.

All departments refused to admit applicants without an appointment from the “Sahel” platform. The residence departments in the governorates of Hawally, the capital, Jahra, and Ahmadi received the highest number of auditors. It is worth noting that the Director General of Residence, Brigadier General Ali Al-Adwani, granted the directors of the governorates and their assistants full authority while adhering to the instructions and conditions outlined in the ministerial decision, with no exceptions permitted.

PAY ATTENTION:  LG autonomy, DisCo reform... SGF Akume outlines ministers' retreat proposals

Related posts

BREAKING: Expect more tough policy measures, Tinubu tells Nigerians

RecentGist

JUST IN: Tinubu Wasted 3 Hours Of His Precious Time Brokering Peace Between Immature Wike And Fubara – Ambrose Igboke

RecentGist

BREAKING: Election Tribunal: Gbagi has no criminal evidence against Oborevwori, says PDP spokesperson

RecentGist

BREAKING: Concerns as Atiku refuses to release academic records after exposing Tinubu’s

RecentGist

PEPT: PDP is mother of APC – Atiku fires

RecentGist

JUST IN: The government of Tinubu has denied allegations of orchestrating the political crisis in Rivers state. A video has been released to support the denial.

RecentGist

BREAKING: Niger Crisis: The war is a trap – FFK makes U-turn says President Tinubu shouldn’t go to war

RecentGist

BREAKING: Ex-Senator, Uche Ekwunife Sets To Officially Decamp To APC On Friday

RecentGist

Workers weep as Governor Badaru exits Jigawa Govt House

RecentGist